The general Invisalign treatment is often targeted to teens and adults – however, now there is a new treatment that is specifically designed for growing smiles, so a child’s smile can improve as they grow.
Keep your child’s smile on the right track
- Invisalign First aligners are perfect for treating a broad range of teeth-straightening problems often seen in children that range from complex issues like crowding and spacing to more difficult problems like narrow dental arches.
- Because the clear aligners are removable, they make it easier for children to go about their daily activities like sports, eating, and cleaning. This is what makes the treatment so great for children as they can be encouraged to still take care of their teeth normally.
- They are more comfortable! Children can avoid the stigma of metal braces and feel more comfortable when undergoing their treatment. This is because Invisalign clear aligners do not need any brackets that rub or wires that poke!
Invis improves your child’s smile as they grow
Using advanced technology and the latest materials to improve comfort and results, Invisalign First should be your first choice.
Fixing issues like overbite, underbite, crossbite, gaps (up to 6mm), open bites, and crooked teeth.
Using the regular Invisalign procedure, patients would have to wait until they were 12 or 13 before they could undergo this treatment. This is because it required permanent teeth to have grown in.
But Invisalign First is designed for younger children with bite issues with the aim to protect and guide their growing teeth.
An improved process: Straighten your child’s teeth more predictably
- More accurate and no guesswork; fitting snugly around your child’s smile
- Has blue indicators to help your child stay on track
- Less painful than conventional braces due to SmartTrack materials
- Discreet and convenient with no disruption to daily life
Start with a consultation because your Invisalign doctor knows best
When choosing an Invisalign-approved provider, you’ll want to choose the best practice that has treated hundreds of Invisalign cases.
The highest certification awarded by Invisalign is a Platinum of Provider, which means your orthodontist has treated hundreds of Invisalign cases and is one of only a few in Europe awarded this status – that way you can trust you are going to one of the best!
“I found the Invisalign steps quite easy, I was initially worried about choosing Invisalign for my kid just because I hadn’t really heard anything about it before, or quite knew how he was going to adjust. But everything has been really great with no problems. Couldn’t fault the perfect smile or their staff.”
Invisalign consultations are a very important starting point because it arranges an important assessment with your child and the orthodontist who can take very accurate 3D images of your child’s mouth.
Customised to you!
The iTero scanner allows you to do more than imagine your child’s new smile, but actually see it.
The iTero scanner takes thousands of 3D images in just minutes, which will be used to precisely design and manufacture your bespoke aligners, which will be used to complete treatment.
You won’t find anything more accurate…
- 3D visual interfacing lets your doctor customise your smile like never before
- The mapping software involves uses strict algorithms to calculate the right amount of force needed for each and every tooth
- The software combined with your dentist will help to ensure that every tooth moves into its right place, at the right time
A lot of times, a lot of orthodontic issues are turned down due to a dentist’s capability, experience or even technology. The iTero scanner avoids all of this due to its precise imaging technology.
This has stopped fewer rejections for orthodontic cases who take just impressions – this advanced scanner in comparison creates a roadmap of what your smile will look like at every stage of treatment. Allowing you, the patient, to feel more in control.
Big results for small smiles
Fix overcrowding, spacing, and narrow dental arches.
- Correct class II maloclussions in tweens and teens
- Effectively uses the right amount of power to push the jaw forward
- Relax with reliable results
Invisalign First has proven very effective for shaping simple bite problems to complex issues for little smiles.
This version of Invisalign has been specifically designed for children experiencing tooth alignment issues from the ages 6-10.
Invisalign also encourages lasting results, saving you money in the long run due to the Vivera retainer system (also custom-made) that proceeds treatment.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Believe it or not, but Invisalign is actually priced very similarly to fixed, metal braces.
Affordable and available on 0% finance, Invisalign can cost anywhere from £3,000-£5,000.
However, this is truly case dependant.
Interest-free monthly payment plans can be arranged and Invisalign can also be covered through dental insurance, although you will have to check with your provider.
Unfortunately, due to its cosmetic nature, Invisalign is not free or available via the NHS.
Cases are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, however, it is most likely that you will be prescribed conventional braces instead.
What to expect in the first few weeks
The first week of Invisalign might feel the strangest, this is as you get used to them actively moving your teeth.
The feeling of having something in your mouth constantly and adjusting to your teeth beginning to move usually has a period of familiarisation.
However, the clear plastic is an advanced material that is designed to be as comfortable as possible.
So, in the first few days, slight discomfort is normal. However, this quickly wears off.