What needs to happen first
1. Your orthodontic examination assessing your teeth and gums in detail will highlight if you require any preliminary dental work before you commence with Invisalign or any other orthodontic treatment.
2. If you have any gum problems (periodontal disease) then we will need to stabilize this before we commence any teeth straightening treatment.
3. Also, if you have any other dental conditions that are detrimental to you we will address this beforehand so that the orthodontic treatment can occur without any complications.
4. If you need other restorative or building-up work done on your teeth, then your dentist will advise you of this during your examination. Any teeth extractions may need to be done beforehand. However, your dentist will advise you of the best way to treat your teeth using a combination treatment plan with orthodontic treatment.
5. He or she may advise Invisalign before or after the restorative work depending on your situation.
The most important thing is the need to plan the Invisalign treatment to integrate precisely with your primary Treatment Plan for the entire mouth – to bring it back to health, aesthetics, and function.
At the Perfect Smile Studios, you will be given a precise stepwise plan of how your treatment will proceed.