There are essentially five key components in developing a great oral health program so that you can keep your teeth for longer. Click here to see our teeth cleaning tips.
Each stage is as important as the other. However, different individuals are often at different stages in the process at varying times.
These stages also apply to you if you already have dental work done like dental implants or other restorative work.
5 Steps to Oral Health
- Prevent. Firstly you need to know exactly how to prevent bacterial damage from ever occurring in the first place. There are multiple tools that are now available to ensure longevity of your teeth and gums. Our hygiene therapists can help you to prevent future problems.
- Repair. Next, if you have damaged teeth or teeth with deteriorating old fillings, these need to be replaced. This essentially repairs them back to a state of heath and good function.
- Protect. For some teeth it is not enough to simply repair them. Some teeth are more filling than they are tooth component. In which case, these teeth require additional help by protecting them with crowns and bridges. A detailed assessment can highlight weakened teeth.
- Change. Sometimes due to an unpleasing appearance of teeth, they need to be changed to an alternative more enhanced look. Cosmetic dentistry can play a huge role in creating a beautiful natural looking smile.
- Review. Finally, your teeth and gums should be reviewed at regular intervals to assess for any changes that may have occurred. This is a very important stage and can make the difference between enjoying your teeth or having your teeth extracted earlier than you had expected.
Our aim is to eliminate the middle three stages and keep you on a good sound maintenance program where we can prevent problems from occurring and assess for any changes in your mouth.
Whether you are looking for cosmetic dentistry or simply functional changes like dental veneers, we can help clarify the above. View more information.
Talk to us at the Perfect Smile Studios so that we can help you get onto the correct Oral Health program.
You have an impeccable daily cleaning routine, but still you notice people shying away from you mid-conversation.
Since your morning brush, rinse and floss, you may have unknowingly consumed the perfect concoction of food and drink that can lead to bad breath.
They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this has never been truer than in dentistry. Creating the ideal smile for you requires the dentist to imagine and understand in finite detail what your smile. This has been one of the primary reasons for the extremely detailed assessment protocols exercised at The Perfect Smile Studios.
Contact us today. Our signature comprehensive smile assessment program covers every aspect of understanding your perfect smile.