Last Updated on
The treatment can take anywhere from 3 to 24 months. The average time is 15 months.
This is due to the carefully considered movements of the teeth that have been pre-planned into the design of the treatment.
The length of treatment depends on:
- The final results we are trying to achieve. In some instances, teeth need to be moved very slowly to achieve the desired aesthetics. In other instances, teeth may need to be moved at a normal rate since there are no predisposing factors to consider.
- The complexity of your condition. More complex treatment plans often have more involved and hence can take a little longer.
- The severity of your treatment. Some treatments take longer than others and this can affect how long it takes to complete the entire treatment plan. For example, if the Invisalign treatment is integrated with an Implant treatment, often the Implant treatment can take several months and the timing of the Invisalign treatment has to be adjusted accordingly.
- The pre-existing oral health state and condition of your teeth and gums. We need to stabilize and treat any active decay or gum infection before we commence with any form of teeth straightening procedure. The consultant will carry out mouth assessments to identify any problems.
However, due to the predictable nature of this treatment, we can opt to either slow or hasten the progress.
Special features of the 3D ClinCheck technology gives the orthodontist greater control in order to produce the best outcome that correlates with your specific needs and lifestyle.
On some occasions, we may even adapt the treatment plan so that the most visible aspects are treated before the entire smile is corrected.
This is especially useful for people who need to look good for a specific occasion like their wedding.
This means that we correct the front part of the smile for the event and then reactivate the treatment to correct the entire smile after the event.
This is an example of the high level of control possible with this type of aligner.
Please call the studios on 01992 552115 for more information.
Advantages of Invisalign
- A whiter and brighter smile
- Corrects misaligned, crooked teeth and overbites
- Near invisible and discreet
- Safe and removable
- Improved oral foundation and hygiene
Next: Read Invisalign Process Step By Step