Ideally, dental implants are not a type of treatment that should be performed with the thought of replacement in the future.
Since it is a surgical procedure that is invasive and is carried out within the jaw bone, we tend to treatment plan with the intention of it lasting a lifetime through careful attention.
However, the top part of the connection can easily be replaced should there be chips in it or a change of colour is required.
But the actual dental implant within the bone was not intended to be replaced.
However, several situations may accelerate the deterioration and thus require the dental implant to be replaced sooner rather than later. Find out more.
The primary reason would be poor oral hygiene and inadequate visits after placement, thus leading to infection.
Infected dental implants are like gum disease that can detach the gum and bone from the implant, thus causing it to loosen up. Contact us today.
“At the Perfect Smile, we thoroughly assess and evaluate each patient, following strict protocols, before undergoing dental implant surgery so as to ensure longevity and success.” Dr Gurs Sehmi
When this happens, the implant can no longer support the teeth, and there is a risk of further infection.
In this situation, the implant dentist may advise to “extract” the dental implant depending on how advanced the deterioration is.
If a new implant is required, your dentist will look into your options.
We are proud to have the latest technology and equipment at our practice
Replacing an implant: we can analyse what caused the implant to fail when bonding with the jaw and offer various treatments options in replacing it.
Ways of increasing the likelihood of dental implants to last a lifetime:
- Treatment Planning using 3D digital analysis, bite analysis, foundational assessment, radiographs (X-rays) and a CT scanner. Correct planning in advance and inspection of any risk factors beforehand is the key to a successful treatment outcome. Our experienced implant dentists have the highest protocols that they follow to ensure that everything has been thoroughly investigated and planned. Also, that you have been provided with the most suitable and appropriate treatment choices that ensure a successful long-term solution, see options.
- Use of CT Guided Digital Surgery. This is when a digital scanner is used in combination with a CT scanner to create a 3D guide plane that facilitates the accurate positioning of the implant in the jawbone.
- Provide enough healing time to ensure osseointegration of the bone to the implant. Our implant dentists wait to see digital and radiographic evidence to provide a proper connection between the interface of the titanium dental implant and the patient’s bone tissue. Only then do we proceed with creating a permanent porcelain tooth on top of the implant. Traditional dental implants are also not load-bearing in these early days soon after surgery, giving the excellent opportunity of the body to heal.
- We evaluate any risk factors beforehand to ensure that we give the dental implant treatment every opportunity to work and be effective. Also, if there are any predisposing factors such as smoking, we address these things before considering implant treatment.
- Advice and instructions are necessary to maintain the health of your mouth and dental implants. A regular appointment with the hygienist and dentist can ensure that your treatment is as successful as possible.
If your implant has failed, it can cause inflammation and sometimes discomfort.
We recommend contacting us for a free consultation on how we can help.
Book an appointment today for a free consultation and see how we can help replace your dental implant.
With over 25 years of experience with dental implants, we will make it possible for you to achieve your perfect smile.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
How much do implants cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced team
Unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot