Biohorizons has developed a wide range of implants suitable for many different situations and covers practically every surgical and prosthetic indication.
Now, recognised for their tissue regeneration solutions, they have come up with some very innovative designs that are also biologically optimal.
They are now also part of the digital movement and cater to digital workflow and facilitate guided surgery. All Biohorizon implants come with a lifetime warranty.
The technology prevents bone loss and establishes a biological seal
All Biohorizon implants have incorporated the highly innovative Laser-Lok surface technology at the neck of the implants. This particular surface is the only one that has been clinically proven to generate connective tissue attachment to the gums. No other implant system has been able to provide this micro-biological connection.
There are cell-sized channels lasered into the surface of the implant and the corresponding abutments. This encourages this biological connection.
The specially designed surfaces stimulate a biological response that inhibits the downward epithelial growth and stimulation of connective tissue cells.
These features create a bio-physical seal at the neck of the implant, which has a protective function and maintains the health of the crestal bone.
This technology has been proven to inhibit bone loss which is critical in achieving natural aesthetics.
Implants solutions for varied indications:
Biohorizons have ten different implant solutions that cater for a variety of indications. Even within each separate implant line, there are other variations to allow for specific cases.
It is essential to select the appropriate implant line and type so that you can ensure maximum stability, optimal final aesthetics and longevity.
The implant designs vary in differing tapers (which established a tooth root-like body), internal connections, measurements and sizes to fit a variety of situations.
They may vary in:
- Tissue level and non-tissue level implants. For example, the Tapered Tissue Level implant line is used for those cases where the implant is needed to be above the gum level.
- Implants to fit wide or narrow spaces. Front teeth replacement has narrow widths for implants, and the back teeth require wider implants to fit the space for replacing molars. Biohorozons facilitate the type of tooth being replaced with an appropriately sized implant.
- Implants when there is limited vertical bone height. Choosing this type of implant, e.g. Tapered Short, reduces the need for additional procedures such as bone grafting.
- Minimising surgical time by specific treatment protocols.
- Optimising surgical efficiency. This is done with guided surgical protocols that enable the clinician to perfectly angle and position the implant correctly.
- Caters for compromising complex situations. This is due to the unique aggressive buttressing of threads on the implant enabling greater primary stability. This means that these implants are suitable in situations that require a secure foundation.
- Rigid Connections. The varying hex connections enable a more secure connection between the implant and the prostheses.
- Implants that are needed where there are high occlusal forces. For example, the Single Stage implant system has Biohorizons power threads that establish maximum surface area connection with bone, thus supporting high biting forces. This is especially useful when replacing teeth or in situations where the bone is softer.
For more information, go to Biohorizons.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24-month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you want to consider this option, we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
At The Perfect Smile, we understand that patients may be naturally nervous when thinking of undergoing dental implant surgery.
We want to reassure you that the dental implant treatment is not painful due to the proper use of local anaesthetics to numb the bone and gum deeply.
We can also use sedation techniques that also contribute to no pain or discomfort. More.
Single Dental Implant Timeline
- Step 1: We will start the process with a highly detailed and thorough comprehensive examination and assessment. We will then construct a customised treatment plan and design your implant treatment.
- Step 2: An implantologist surgically places your new implant(s) in your mouth.
- Step 3: We will assess your healing on this review appointment and make sure everything is going as planned.
- Step 4: The dentist records and impressions to construct the implant’s top part (post and crown).
- Step 5: The dentist will fit the final part of the implant (post and crown).
- Step 6: Your final appointment allows you to have any further refining cosmetic enhancements or minor adjustments.
- When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone that holds the tooth in place will diminish in height, width, and volume. This may affect the immediate and final appearance of the gum tissue in this area and possibly the surrounding teeth.
- The larger the width of bone or the height of the bone, the wider and longer implant can be. A wider and longer implant increases implant stability and thus success. We assess the bone height and width by taking digital radiographs or by taking a CT Scan. More.
The price of a dental implant can depend on whether any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root. The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
There isn’t an age limit for dental implants. However, our dentists recommend that if you have to be over 18 for the dental implant procedure. Read on.
A dental implant offers a wealth of oral health benefits. Not only can an implant improve your smile, but it can also realign neighbouring teeth, protect your mouth from gum disease etc. Read the benefits.
“If treated correctly, dental implants can last from ten to twenty five years or more.”
Once the implant has fused with your jawbone and tissues, the artificial titanium implant acts as an ordinary root.
The longevity of your implant depends on how you improve and maintain your oral health. Read more.
- Minimal appointments: Unlike traditional dental implant surgery, you will need fewer appointments
- No lengthy treatment time: The healing time is fast and effective, though individual to each person.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The price of a dental implant can depend, for example, if any further treatments are needed to make sure your implant is a success, like bone regeneration.
Our inclusive single dental implant treatment costs £2,995 and includes the abutment and crown. More.
Is the process painful?
You can expect to feel some pain when having a new implant; however, the discomfort is kept to a minimum with modern anaesthetics. Nevertheless, post-process, there can be some swelling and aching for 5 -10 days.
Many patients have multiple implants in a single day without undue pain or distress. More.
Will my implants match the colour of my existing teeth?
Implants are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, an implant is very hard to spot.
Highly experienced implant team
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of dental implant experience, Dr Rahul Doshi proudly leads a highly skilled team with access to the latest dental technology.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on November 17, 2021