Choose Porcelain Veneers for your brightest & whitest smile
A veneer is an incredibly thin layer of porcelain applied to the front surface of your tooth. If a patient has discoloured, uneven, or unattractive looking teeth, porcelain veneers can be used to drastically improve the appearance of their smile.
Modern brands of porcelain veneers like Lumineers are fully customisable and bonded directly to the teeth with no drilling required. Porcelain veneers can be fitted in as few as one or two pain-free appointments.
The number of veneers you have fitted will depend on the present state of your teeth and the aesthetic result you are looking for. You can have a single veneer or more depending on your cosmetic needs.
Typically we fit 4-10 veneers on the front teeth and treat the other teeth with a professional whitening treatment. This means that you get a whole smile makeover without having to veneer every tooth.
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental issues such as:
What do veneers cost?
Advantages of dental veneers
- They cosmetically enhance the look of your teeth
- They instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth
- Veneers give crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- They are a less invasive option than porcelain crowns
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Potential Downsides to Veneers
At Perfect Smile Studios we take our responsibility to our patients very seriously. Before any treatments are carried out you will have a full consultation with our highly experienced cosmetic dentists during which all potential positive and negative outcomes will be explained to you.
If you are considering cosmetic porcelain veneers, please read the information below carefully:
- A veneer is not reversible. Because in many cases it is necessary to remove and shape tooth enamel prior to veneers being fitted, it is not considered a reversible treatment. It is possible to adjust or replace the veneers with new ones but not to return to the original, natural tooth.
- Porcelain veneers are designed and made for each tooth individually so there will be a waiting period before they’re ready to be applied.
- Short-term sensitivity. After the porcelain veneers are attached you will likely experience a degree of sensitivity to hot and cold. This is due to the removal of the thin top layer of enamel and will disappear in a matter of days.
If you are diligent about your oral hygiene and avoid unnecessary stresses on your veneers then you should have no problems with your veneers and they will have a long lifespan.
Read more about how to look after your veneers.