A veneer is an incredibly thin layer of porcelain applied to the front surface of your tooth.
If a patient has discoloured, uneven, or unattractive looking teeth, porcelain veneers can be used to drastically improve the appearance of their smile.
Modern brands of porcelain veneers like Lumineers are fully customisable and bonded directly to the teeth with no drilling required.
Porcelain veneers can be fitted in as few as one or two pain-free appointments.
The number of veneers you have fitted will depend on the present state of your teeth and the aesthetic result you are looking for.
You can have a single veneer or a full mouth depending on your cosmetic needs.
Typically we fit 4-10 veneers on the front teeth and treat the other teeth with a professional whitening treatment.
This means that you get a whole smile makeover without having to veneer every tooth.
What do veneers cost?
As veneers are considered a cosmetic solution by the NHS, it is very rare that they will provide a full set of new veneers as part of your healthcare.
Advantages of dental veneers
- They cosmetically enhance the look of your teeth and they instantly change your appearance
- Have whiter looking teeth and veneers give crooked teeth the illusion of being straight
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to stains than natural teeth
- Many non-invasive and no preparation required options
- Nearly impossible to tell the difference between veneers and natural teeth
- Veneers protect the underlying tooth
Potential downsides and disadvantages
At Perfect Smile Studios, we take our responsibility to our patients very seriously.
Before any treatments are carried out you will have a full consultation with our highly experienced specialist dentists during which all potentially positive and negative outcomes will be explained to you.
If you are considering cosmetic porcelain veneers, please read the information below carefully:
- A veneer is not reversible. Because in many cases it is necessary to remove and shape tooth enamel prior to veneers being fitted, it is not considered a reversible treatment. It is possible to adjust or replace the veneers with new ones but not to return to the original, natural tooth.
- Porcelain veneers are designed and made for each tooth individually so there will be a waiting period before they’re ready to be applied.
- Short-term sensitivity. After the porcelain veneers are attached you will likely experience a degree of sensitivity to hot and cold. This is due to the removal of the thin top layer of enamel and will disappear in a matter of days.
If you are diligent about your oral hygiene and avoid unnecessary stresses on your veneers then you should have no problems with your veneers and they will have a long lifespan.
Read more about how to look after your veneers.
- We can help establish monthly payment plans.
- We provide 0% finance for up to 24 month term plans. Many patients find our payment plan option very useful.
- Terms over 24 months will be low-interest bearing.
- If you would like to consider this option we will need to carry out a few credit checks.
- We can discuss payment plans at both the Hertfordshire & the London clinic
Veneers are usually not painful whilst you are having the treatment.
However, some have reported slight sensitivity during the settling down period after the final fitting.
This is quite normal and nothing to worry about. It usually only lasts for a few days and very soon after subsidies. More.
The sensitivity is due to the bonding process where an inorganic substance (the veneer) has been bonded to an organic component (your tooth).
In complex cases, involving a large amount of treatment, you may experience a little uncomfortableness while your teeth settle down.
Fast, simple, pain-free process
- At your first appointment, your dentist will take a look at the general health of your teeth and gums, your bite and understand your goals for your smile; and then see if any fundamental issues need addressing before cosmetic veneer work can begin.
- We will also discuss the type of veneers that may be suitable and also the how-many-veneers that should be considered in achieving your desired smile. On some patients, it may be possible to get some veneers placed at an initial phase and then to have the possibility of additional veneers in the future.
- We will always plan your new smile before any treatment is carried out. We aim to provide you with the most conservative and preservative dentistry.
- In order, to prevent excessive tooth preparation, we design your new smile in a way that minimises tooth preparation. We also provide options whereby you can have orthodontic or teeth straightening treatment carried out before any cosmetic veneer work is done.
- This way your teeth are already well aligned and so very minimal or hardly any tooth preparation become necessary.
- If you are concerned in any way we advise that you speak to us in your complimentary consultation. We will be able to provide you with suitable solutions. More.
Simple, transparent pricing
A few factors will affect the total cost of your cosmetic veneers:
- The type of material used – Porcelain (Ultrathin or Lumineers ) are more expensive than composite resin veneers.
- The number of veneers being applied – veneers are priced per tooth and so the more you have, the higher the cost.
- Your dental health – if you require treatment for other dental issues such as tooth decay or gum disease before veneers can be fitted then this will be included in the total cost of your dentistry work. More.
Frequently asked questions
- WHAT IS A DENTAL VENEER?
- ARE VENEERS PAINFUL?
- WHAT TYPE OF PORCELAIN VENEERS ARE THERE?
- WHAT ARE THE ALTERNATIVES TO PORCELAIN?
- HOW LONG WILL TREATMENT TAKE?
- HOW MUCH DO VENEERS COST FOR YOUR TEETH?
- ARE THERE ANY COMPLICATIONS?
- IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT?
- HOW DO I GET THE SMILE THAT I WANT?
- WHAT IS THE MAINTENANCE THAT IS REQUIRED?
98% of our patients said they received a confidence boost
Will my veneers match the colour of my existing teeth?
Veneers are colour matched and then shaped to blend in with your existing teeth. To the naked eye, veneers are very hard to spot.
Are veneers painful?
Ultrathin Veneers, Durathin Veneers and Lumineers involve no drilling and no injections since no tooth is being cut.
Professionals note how veneers can impact your dental health
Veneer speciliasts comment the improvements that veneers can have on your health and the oral condition of your mouth. This is because the placement of veneers can often strenghten and improve your smile’s foundation.
One of the reasons that veneers are so popular is that they can treat a multitude of dental problems such as:
- Gaps between teeth or Worn and chipped teeth
- Gummy Smiles or Fluorosis
- Crooked teeth or Discoloured teeth
When visiting The Perfect Smile, Dr Sam Jethwa will be able to determine and diagnose any oral issues and concerns. It will be during your consulation that the doctor will approve if the veneers are suitable.
Sometimes, alternative treatments are required beforehand to ensure the success and longevity of your veneers.
We are dedicated to correcting serious conditions like periodontal disease safely in order to help you achieve the smile you desire. We will never proceed with a treatment until we are confident that the veneer procedure will be a success.
- Disguise crooked teeth and give the illusion of being straight
- Veneers can protect the underlying tooth
- Alleviates symptoms caused by tooth decay, sensitivity and gum disease
- Safe and comfortable procedure
- Speedy recovery
- Quick and simple application
Aesthetic Success delivered in a few appointments
|Step 1: comprehensive assessment|
|Step 2: the trial smile|
|Step 3: review & shade selection|
|Step 4: the fitting visit|
|Step 5: the final review visit|
Dentists with a special interest in veneers
An unparalleled level of patient trust: Dr Rahul Doshi is the founder of the Perfect Smile and is the current President of the BACD.
With over 25 years of experience, Perfect Smile Studios has a highly-skilful team that has access to the latest dental technology.
Composite vs Porcelain veneers
What is the difference between these two treatment types? Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are adhered to the outer-surface of the tooth. Composite veneers use a resin thats applied to the outer-surface. Typically, because porcelain veneers are made from a stronger material they last longer. Composite veneers in this case are the more affordable option.
Both treatments are custom designed to match, or brighten your teeth and improve imperfections.
- 150+ years of combined experience
- Est in 1994
- CQC registered
- Faster appointment times
- All staff are GDC registered
- Recommend excellent by Trustpilot
Medically reviewed & updated on May 19, 2022